Monday, May 4, 2009

"Rush Limbaugh" post....

So i was hearing the name "Rush Limbaugh" many times in the last month out of my timepass of watching CNN nowadays. One out of five speakers/expert I guess used to refer this guy and so I decided that lets find out more about him. So here is what I find out about him. He hosts a radio show where he views his conservative views. He is prinicipally opposed to liberal politics and wants the republican to go back to its conservative roots. This conservative roots refer to espousal of policies like small government, minimum taxation, individual liberty (no gun control), anti abortion, belief in faith(religion) and possibly opposition to affirmative action as no identification of race as any criteria for affirmative or discriminative action(not sure of this). Can you believe it that there are clubs/committees in USA which supports zero taxation policy? It was difficult for me to believe that. But lets not digress from the topic.
So I visited his website(www.rushlimbaugh.com) and read some(emphasis on some...) of the transcripts of his radio shows. I did expect conservative views but this guy is just a petty showman in my view. In one of the shows, he supports/propounds the theory that Obama is supported by liberal conspiracy to destroy America and he is an agent of George Soros, Saudi Arabia and any other(u name it)... I cant follow his logic and reasoning and this is what I understand is my fear behind this insistence on logic. By logic one can I believe prove a monkey a man and vice versa. And hence by bizaare reasonings, this gentleman is running his radio shows and he is pretty popular and earning millions of dollars. I have heard similar bizaare logic when I hear of leaders from VHP, Bajrang Dal in India how the muslims is out to kill all the Hindus in India and or how CIA is bank rolling all Indian politicians .
A recent incident was after Mumbai terrorist attacks when a mullah on Pakistani television was supporting that this incident was the handiwork of RAW intelligence and RSS to do something I forgot....I was of the opinion that this type of ultra-stupid logic was the output of immature democracies like ours and Pakistan and as we mature, we will be able to put them to grave.. But Mr. Limbaugh broke this dream..
My conclusion is that the right wing conservatives or for that matter left wing dreamers will always have listeners and in times of trouble, their supporters are going to increase... we just have to make sure that we find the best ways to keep them in check and not to wreak havoc on the society by coming to power directly or indirectly...
"Politics and power are same everywhere..Politics breeds power...power breed meglomania ..and meglomania brings corruption which in turn completes the circle by encouraging politics..."

No comments: